Saturday, September 03, 2005

Mayor Blame Thyself

Interview With The Mayor Of New Orleans From The National Post:
'I need troops, man. I need 500 buses'

Quote: Nagin: I need reinforcements. I need troops, man. I need 500 buses, man. They're talking about, you know, one of the briefings we had, you know, they were talking about getting uh, uh you know, public school bus drivers to come down here and bus people out of here. I'm like, 'You gotta be kidding me!'

This is a national disaster. Get every doggone Greyhound bus line in the country and get their asses moving to New Orleans. That's, they're thinking small man, and this is a major, major, major deal. And I can't emphasize it enough, man.

This is crazy! I've got 15,000 to 20,000 people over at the convention centre, it's bursting at the seams. The poor people in Plaquemines parish, they're air-vacing people here over to New Orleans. We don't have anything and were sharing with our brothers in Plaquemines parish. It's, it's, it's, it's awful down here, man. More @ National Post


As seen on Drudge and other blogs:












Looks like the mayor had a few buses before the storm and chose not to use them. How many died because of that bit of incompetence? - KS

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home